Privacy and Security
Last Update 11/14/2012
SebastionScotts / SebastionScotts Direct
Our Commitment to Your
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy the following notice explains the information we collect, how it is used, how it is safeguarded, and how to contact us if you have any concerns.
- What information do we collect?
We only collect information that you submit. You submit
information to us on three occasions:
1. When you create an account, you are prompted for your address and other personal information.
2. When you update the information in your account, the information we have about you is updated.
3. When you complete an order, you are prompted for your credit card information. An order cannot be completed without a valid credit card. This is the only time you will be asked to provide your credit card. You will be prompted for this information during the purchasing processes.
This site, in itself, does not set cookies, or collect personal information from visitors.
Like almost all web servers we do record the IP address from which your page requests originate, for performance analysis and reporting, and for anti-abuse technologies. We will hand those over to authorities were required by law to do so. We won't share them with other third parties, and will take reasonable steps from them becoming public.
Our carefully selected advertising partners use industry standard performance
analysis, targeting techniques, and anti-fraud strategies. Which is to say, we
don't really know what they do, but it probably involves the setting and
disable cookies, and go through an anonymizing proxy.
We will never ask you for your credit card information via e-mail.
If you receive an email requesting this information, do not respond with your information. You only have to submit this information through our secure servers at the time you make a purchase. If you are skeptical about a request for information, do not submit it until you are certain of its purpose. You may contact customer service for further information.
- How do we use the information we collect?
Your information is solely and exclusively used to complete and
ship your order, to contact you to resolve or advise of any concerns with the
order, and to contact you via e-mail if we need to ensure that your order was
Your information is never sold or shared.
- Who has access to the information we collect?
Only those people who need to see your information to fulfill your order have access to your information, and do not have access to your credit card information. Your credit card information can only be viewed in a situation of a charge dispute or investigation prompted by yourself, and only by individuals in a trusted supervisory or management capacity. Namely your credit card provider and our merchant services.
- Do we share the information we collect?
SebastionScotts does not, under any circumstances, share, sell, or otherwise make available any information about yourself, your location, your purchase, your purchasing habits or purchasing history, your e-mail address, your credit card, or any other information collected during your business transaction with us to any third party, with the exclusion of information required to complete your order with our warehouse(s), which is limited to your shipping address.
- Is the information we collect secure? How do I know my credit card information is secure?
NOTE TO SHOPPERS AND MERCHANTS: